MANNA in Motion joined the 2014 Fall Series of the SRS on Saturday, October 11. The race was held at St. John Paul 2 Catholic School and ran through the grounds of St. Joseph of the Pines. MANNA is a ministry that provides lunches for needy residents of Moore County.
Geoffrey Washburn won the overall 5k race with a chip time of 16:16. Geoffrey Washburn has won all of the 2014 Fall Series races. Robyn Humphrey won the overall female 5k with a chip time of 21:08. St. John Paul 2 Middle won the overall team awards with a 5k time of 21:46. For full results click here.
SRS is hosting a meet-up at Reservoir Park in Southern Pines on Saturday, October 18. We will do a lap around the lake and then have time to meet each other after. SRS will recognize 2014 Spring Series winners and 2014 Summer Series Participants.
MANNA in Motion joins the 2014 Fall Series for SRS on Saturday, October 11. MANNA is a free lunch ministry that provides 500 free lunches to the needy in Moore County.
The 5k race begins at 9:00 am at St. John Paul 2 Catholic School (2922 Camp Easter Road, Southern Pines, NC 28387). The race runs through the beautiful grounds of St. Joseph of the Pines and concludes at St. John Paul 2 Catholic School. There will be post race refreshments starting at 9:20 am. The awards ceremony will begin at 9:45 am. Runners may race in teams. This is a trail race
Tips from SRS
- Register on-line here. Race day registration and packet pick-up will be available at 7:30 am at St. John Paul 2 Catholic School (concession stand)
- You may pre-register at the MANNA office on Friday, October 10 from 5:00 pm -7:00 pm (211 Trimble Plant Road Suite B, Southern Pines, NC 28387)
- This is a closed course race with minor traffic on Waters Drive
SRS welcomes MANNA in Motion to its Fall Series line-up!
Get ready for the MANNA in Motion 5k & 10k on June 1, 2013 at Sandhills Community College, 3395 Airport Rd Pinehurst, NC 28374. The events support MANNA! (Moore Alliance Nourishing Neighbors, Amen!), whose mission is to serve nutritious meals to those in need in Moore County. Currently, MANNA serves about 525 free lunches each week at seven sites in Taylortown, Southern Pines, Vass, Aberdeen, Jackson Hamlet, Carthage, and recently added a location Robbins.
MANNA is the last race in the SRS Spring Series, and a featured event. The course starts at Sandhills Community College, then segues to the trails of Reservoir Park. Pre-registration will be held Friday, May 31 from 5 to 7 pm at Our Saviour Lutheran Church, 1517 Luther Way, Southern Pines. Race day registration and packet pickup will start at 6:30 am, with the 5k and 10k races beginning at 8 am. The top three male and female finishers in each age division will receive awards in a ceremony immediately following the completion of the event.
Tips from SRS
- There are three ways to register for MANNA:
- online at active.com
- mail your completed registration form to PO Box 1081 Southern Pines, NC 28388
- register in person on race day, starting at 6:30 am
- Here is the breakdown of registration fees.
- Flat fee for the 5k and 10k races is $25.
- Active military and dependents fee is $15.
- Students in grades 1-12 (in school or home schooled) fee is also $15.
- Sandhills Striders members fee is $20.
- Registering the day-of will add $2 to your fee, so make sure to sign up early!
- MANNA notes that the course features “uphill and downhill challenges, wooden bridge crossing, tree weaving, tree roots, soft sand, and more,” so be prepared! Here is a map of the course.
- Anyone who wishes to be a sponsor should contact Executive Director John Roberts at (910) 315-1150 and fill out and mail in the sponsorship application.
- As per MANNA, please understand that no strollers or pets are allowed on the race course.
Don’t miss the last race of the Spring!