Santa Claus is coming to Aberdeen on Saturday, December 5. This annual favorite consists of a 12k, a 5k, and a Kid’s Egg Nog Jog. All proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Sandhills, Inc.
The race kicks off with the 12ks of Christmas at 9:00 am, followed by the 5k at 9:15 am and the Kid’s Egg Nog Jog at 10:30 am. The 12k winds through downtown Aberdeen and historic Bethesda. The 5k tours the downtown streets of Aberdeen and the Kid’s Egg Nog Jog features a new out and back course. This event is family and pet friendly. Free childcare is available by appointment.
Tips from SR
- Packet pick-up will be at Page Memorial United Methodist Church in its fellowship hall (104 South Poplar Street, Aberdeen. NC 28315) on Friday, December 4th from 12:00 pm until 8:00 pm and Saturday, December 5 from 7:15 am until 8:45 am
- Parking will be available in downtown Aberdeen
- Post race activities will include a McDonald’s Kids Zone and after party entertainment and refreshments
Fall is in full swing with the 35th annual Turkey Trot on Saturday, November 21 in Pinehurst. The race begins outside Cannon Park (90 Woods Road, Pinehurst, NC) and winds through historic downtown Pinehurst and the beautiful neighborhoods of St. Andrew’s Drive.
The Turkey Trot begins at 8:30 am with the one mile fun run. The Half Marathon will kick off at 9:00 am, followed by the 10k at 9:15 am, and the 5k at 9:30 am. The race benefits the Foundation of FirstHealth. This event is stroller friendly.
Maps are available for the Half Marathon, 10k, 5k , and 1 Mile Fun Run for training purposes.
Tips from SR
- Packet pick-up will take place at Cannon Park on Friday, November 20 from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm and on Saturday, November 21 from 7:00 am until 8:30 am.
- On-line registration is available
Moore For the Cure’s 1 in 8k joins the Summer Series for the SRS this year. The event will be held in the Village of Pinehurst (150 Cherokee Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374) on Saturday, August 29. This race benefits the Susan G. Komen NC Triangle to the Coast Affiliate.
The 8k kicks off at 8:00 am. For those wishing to do a training run a map of the course is available. The 1k begins at 10:00 am. Participants in the 8k may also participate in the 1k free of charge. There will be an after race concert at Tufts Memorial Park.
Tips from SRS
- On-line registration is available as well as paper registration
- The 8k is stroller and pet friendly
- Packet pick-up will be held on Friday, August 28 from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm at the Carolina Hotel in the Dogwood Room(4 Carolina Vista Drive, Pinehurst, NC 28374) and also pre-race on Saturday, August 29 at Tufts Memorial Park (1 Village Green Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374)
The annual Run for the Ribbons 5k is back with a different location for the 2015 Spring Series. The race will take place in downtown Rockingham on Saturday, April 18th. The race benefits the Foundation of FirstHealth’s Cancer CARE fund and Discovery Place Kids Rockingham.
The Family Fun 1k will begin at 9:30 am in front of Discovery Place Kids in Rockingham (233 E. Washington Street, Rockingham NC 28379). The 5k will follow at 10:00 am. Participants in the race will receive free admission to Discovery Place Kids-Rockingham on the day of the race. The 5k race will be a mixture of trail and paved course. A map of the course is available for runners.
Tips from SRS
- Packet pick-up will take place Friday, April 17, from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm across the street from Discovery Place Kids-Rockingham (233 E. Washington Street, Rockingham, NC 28379), and on Saturday, April 18 at 7:00 am at the registration tent
- Registration is available online or paper registration is available
The Foundation of FirstHealth Cancer CARES fund has provided more than 1 million dollars of direct support to cancer patients since 2000.
We would like to thank the companies that help us exist. First, our two presenting sponsors, FirstHealth Fitness & buyCalls. These two organizations lend money and time to promote the Sandhills Race Series events, and promote health and fitness in our community
We would also like to welcome a new sponsor, Sand & Pine Magazine. This new publication is getting it right – focusing on what is important to those living in the Sandhills. Make sure to pick up an issue to see the SRS calendar and learn about upcoming races!
The 34th annual Turkey Trot will take place on Saturday, November 22 in Pinehurst, NC. The race will begin and end at Camelot Park (90 Woods Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374). The Turkey Trot benefits the Foundation of FirstHealth.
This annual race begins with the one mile fun run at 8:30 am. The Half Marathon begins at 9:00 am, followed by the 10k and 5k at 9:30 am. This year there are new courses for the race; Half-Marathon map, 10k map, 5k map. The Turkey Trot will also feature a youth challenge, a discounted entry fee for school-aged children. All finishers in the youth challenge will receive a medal. The school with the most miles run in the Turkey Trot will get a trophy and a Rita’s Italian Ice party.
Tips from SRS
- On-line registration ends Thursday, November 20. Register on-line here.
- Packet pick up will be Friday, November 21 at Cannon Park in Pinehurst from 5:00-7:00 pm and on Saturday, November 22 at Cannon Park in Pinehurst from 7:00-8:45 am
SRS looks forward to seeing you at the Turkey Trot!