AUTUMNFEST HAS BEEN CANCELLED
***If you are registered 5K runner, you will be offered a credit for your race fee for next year or a refund check. Credit is good for one year for race or any other Recreation Department program, activity or athletic: Please email Chris Wiley with your request for a refund or a credit at [email protected] Questions: Chris Wiley at 910- 692-2463. MUST RESPOND BY OCTOBER 16 IMPORTANT: Include your current mailing address with response.***
Fall favorite, Autumnfest, joins Sandhills Race on Saturday, October 3. The race kicks off a day of activities in downtown Southern Pines.
The 5k begins at 9:00 am. The course winds through downtown Southern Pines. There will also be a 1 mile fun run and kids races for children aged 3-12. The fun run and children’s races are free to the public. The 1 mile fun run begins at 10:00 am and the kids foot races begin at 10:30 am.
Tips from SR
- Register on-line
- Registration for the kids foot races will be open Saturday, October 3 until 10:00 am
- Packet pick-up will be held on Friday, October 2 from 5:30 pm until 6:30 pm (145 SE Broad Street, Southern Pines, NC 28387) and on Saturday, October 3 from 7:30 am until 8:30 am.
The 36th Annual Autumnfest was held on Saturday, October 4 in downtown Southern Pines. The feel of Autumn was in the air with perfect running weather. Over 250 participants showed up for the 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run. After the race there was an arts and crafts festival to enjoy, a kids bounce house, and a juggler to watch.
Geoffrey Washburn won the overall 5k with a chip time of 16:58.Geoffrey also won the 1 in 8k, the first Fall Series Race of 2014. Tegan Searle won the overall 5k for females with a chip time of 19:26. The course centered around downtown Southern Pines with gentle uphill slopes and downhill grades. For an updated list of all results click here.
The next race in the 2014 Fall Series will be MANNA in Motion on Saturday, October 11.
Autumfest is an annual arts and crafts fair held in downtown Southern Pines. There are several events for runners to enjoy during Autumnfest on Saturday, October 4 including a 5k, 1 Mile Fun Run, and Kids Foot Race. The event is held in Downtown Park (145 SE Broad Street, Southern Pines, NC 28387). This race benefits the Southern Pines Parks and Recreation Department.
The 5k race will begin at 9:00 am and will wind through downtown Southern Pines and horse country and back. The 1 Mile Fun Run will begin at 10:00 am. The kids foot races are free and will take place during the 5k awards ceremony. These foot races are for children aged 3-12. Registration for the foot races will be available race day morning.
Post race events will include a juggler and musical performances.
Tips from SRS
- Road closures will begin at 6 am and last until 12 pm. Affected roads are: Ashe Street and New York Avenue. For more information click here.
- For any additional information, including paper registration please contact Chris Wiley with the Southern Pines Parks and Recreation Department at 910-692-2463
- On-line registration is available here.
- Packet pick-up will be held at Downtown Park (145 SE Broad Street, Southern Pines, NC 28387) from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday, October 3 and also from 8:00-9:00 am on Saturday, October 4.
This race is part of the 36th annual Autumfest in Southern Pines, this is a family friendly event and we would love to see you there!
The 35th annual Southern Pines Autumunfest 5k will be held on Saturday, October 5th at 9:50 am. It will be preceded by a free 1 mile fun run/health walk starting at 9:00 am. The money raised by the 5k will support the Southern Pines Recreation & Parks department. The race is held in conjunction with Autumnfest, a festival with arts & crafts, live entertainment, food, kids rides, and lots of family fun!
The Autumnfest 5k is a Sandhills Race Series featured event. The race will start and finish in Southern Pines Downtown Park, found on the corner of New York Avenue and Ashe Street. The course winds through beautiful horse country. You can check out the course map here. The 1 mile fun run/health walk will take you on a tour of downtown. Both are a great way to start your morning at the festival! Packet pick-up and late race registration will be held Friday, October 4th, from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm and Saturday, October 5th, from 8:00 am – 9:00 am at the Rainey Shelter in Downtown Park. Awards will be presented at 11:30 am at the Autumnfest stage.
Tips from SRS
- Registration can be found online at active.com, or by downloading the pdf registration form and dropping it off at the Campbell House at 482 E. Connecticut Avenue. Registration cost is $20.
- Free kids races will be held between the 5k and the awards ceremony, around 10:30 am. It will be for kids from ages 3 -12. Distances will vary by age, but none will be over 100 yards. Registration will take place that morning at Autumnfest.
- The festival (arts & crafts, live entertainment, kids activities, food) will be going on from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm in Downtown Park. Bring the whole family and enjoy a beautiful day in Southern Pines!
The 5k race and 1 mile fun run/health walk will be a great way to start out your time at Autumnfest! Join us for a wonderful, fall day in downtown Southern Pines! To learn more about what’s going on at Autumnfest, check out this page from the Arts Council of Moore County.